Hippocrates (Greek Physician 460-357 B.C.) said, “Get knowledge of the spine, for this is the requisite for many diseases.”
Chiropractic healthcare workers hold to the belief that proper alignment of the body’s musculoskeletal structure (particularly the spine) will enable the body to heal without the use of medication and surgery.
Over 22 million Americans visit a chiropractor annually and 7.7 million are seeking back pain relief.
- 31 million Americans experience low back pain at any given time.
- Back pain is the single leading cause of disabilities according to the Global Burden of Disease 2010.
- One half of all working Americans admit to back pain symptoms each year.
- Americans spend at least $50 million each year on back pain relief.
It’s time you found relief from your back pain. When you visit a chiropractor, you can expect the following:
- Medical history taken
- Physical exam with particular attention to the spine
- Lab tests and diagnostic imaging to determine an appropriate course of treatment
- Manual adjustments (joint manipulation) which involves controlled, sudden force to joints that pushes the joint beyond its normal range of motion
- Nutritional counseling
- Exercise and rehabilitation recommendations
While all or some of these treatment forms may be utilized, the overall goal of the chiropractor is to work in partnership with the patient to provide back pain relief, restore function and equip the patient with the knowledge necessary to prevent further injury. It may be necessary to seek other forms of pain relief (Read more about some options here) until the treatments take effect, but they will provide a long-term solution for you.
Dr. Jay Handt (guest speaker for New York Chiropractic Council and the International Chiropractic Association) believes, “Everything functions better when the nervous system functions at 100%.” Helping patients understand that “connecting the mind with the body” is a process…a lifestyle.
Dr. Jeff McQuaite in Doylestown, Pa. helps his patients ease back pain relief. Book your appointment today!