A chiropractor for neck pain can help you find the reason for your chronic pain and work on healing it.
Here are a few of the reasons for neck pain:
- Long hours sitting at a computer. Most people donâ€™t realize they jut their heads out slightly which puts unusual pressure on your neck and shoulders. An ergonomic work area may be the solution.
- Head bent over texting â€“ A human head weighs about 8 pounds, thatâ€™s the weight of some bowling balls. Youâ€™ll reduce pressure on your neck and shoulders if you text with the phone at eye level rather than bent over it. It takes a little getting used to, but hey, you got used to texting in the first place, right?
- Whiplash â€“ If youâ€™ve been in a car accident, you may suffer from whiplash. Thatâ€™s the moment when your head is slung forward and back at a rapid rate and often happens upon impact in a car crash. Some centers like beachpaincenter.com are experts in helping patients recover from the physical and psychological effects of a car crash. However, I’m sure there are plenty of other services who also offer the same level of service too. If you don’t think you’ll be able to afford treatment for this injury then you might want to look on a law site like www.ckflaw.com to see if they can help you get compensation for your injury.
- Your bed/pillow â€“ Have you checked your pillows? If youâ€™ve slept on the same pillows for years, mix it up with a different type. Try a firmer one or a softer one â€“ opposite from what youâ€™ve been using. Or, you might try a combination. One patient with neck pain uses a slightly firm pillow under a super soft one that supports her neck.
- Injury â€“ Sports can take their toll on your body and itâ€™s pretty common to have neck pain especially from rough sports like football and soccer.
When you see a chiropractor for neck pain, youâ€™ll experience relief from the pressure of your bones pressing on your nerves or muscles. The reason you have pain is due to inflammation and mis alignment. Your Doylestown chiropractor, Dr. Jeff McQuaite will Xray your neck area to determine the cause of your pain and prescribe a treatment plan.
If you ignore your neck pain, you may find yourself getting frequent headaches or feeling pain in other areas like your wrists or forearms. The reason is everything is connected. Since chiropractic treatments focus on realigning your spine — including your neck — it takes the pressure off neighboring nerves so you feel better.
Why not book an appointment with a chiropractor for neck pain and see how you can feel relief?